Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Time Off, Been in a Funk

It's been a while since I have been here. I guess I took quite a bit of time off from blogging. Mainly because I have just been in a funk and didn't want to complain.

I had a very nice summer visiting with family who came to Florida for their vacations. First my son and his family came from Georgia to spend some time in Ft. Myers. I loved seeing my grandchildren. They are growing so fast. Next came one of my daughters and her family from Texas. They spent some time in Orlando doing the theme parks. And lastly my sister from Georgia and her family came down for some summer sun and theme parks.

It's now Sept 2012 and I have been doing a lot of research on how to quilt large projects and quilt as you go. Reason being, I made my daughter her quilt top and gave it to her when she was here in July. Now she gets to find someone to quilt it for her. It would take me forever to quilt it by hand and she might never get it. I don't own a long arm quilter either. I have found that it is expensive to have it quilted, but even more expensive to buy the machine to quilt it with. There are so many different types of quilting machines that is would make it hard to decide which one to buy. Then setting one up requires more room than I have to put one, as I share my spare bedroom with my sewing/crafting area.

This is what I made this spring. A new purse.  

It's not quite as big as I had hoped it would be. It's after lunch. Time to stop for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment