Friday, September 14, 2012

Quilt As You Go

My first attempt at quilting. I bought this fabric a couple of years ago that was meant to be made into a quilt for one of my granddaughters. It got put up and that was the last I saw of it until a couple of weeks ago.
The Disney Princesses
As you can tell it's a disney print and in squares. I couldn't figure out how I was going to get in my sewing machine to quilt. So I started researching different methods of quilting and found the Quilt as You Go method. This seemed to be the answer to all my prayers.  So... without measuring very accurately and not realizing the squares were not truly square but slightly off but more of a rectangle... I cut them into squares. LOL the joke was on me. You can't make squares out of retangles.
Wonky Squares
My Sqaures sewn into strips
Next will be sewing them together to make a quilt that is not quite 50" x 70" to get it that big I will need to add some sashing and a then a border. I will post those pictures when I get that far. I have done quite a bit of ripping and sewing to get everything to turn out ok. I think that it will turn out cute and my granddaughter wont notice how badly this is done until she grows up and says" What was Mema drinking when she made this?" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment