Thursday, April 16, 2015

Treadle Quilters Quilt-A-Long

I have joined a group on Facebook called "Treadle Quilters" They are doing a mystery BOM. One has to make the blocks on a treadle or a handcrank machine. I have both, but I chose to use this machine as I am using Civil War Reproduction fabrics. I plan on this to be a quilt for my son and his wife.  They are into doing Civil War Re-enactments. This is January's block. I made two so that the quilt will be big enough to fit their bed. This will be more a scrappy style quilt using many different fabrics. It will also be a type of sampler quilt too as each month the blocks will be different.


For now I am piecing this quilt on my "New Domestic Treadle". I bought it last spring while visiting my sister in Darien, GA and brought it home with me. It took me all summer and fall to get her cleaned and up and running. She has a beautiful stitch.

This is what she looked like when I purchased her.



 Here she is in my sewing room plus two extra drawers that I found on eBay. Isn't she just  as lovely as she can be?  She has been given the name "Dominique"


 


No comments:

Post a Comment