Friday, June 17, 2011

Old Magazines and Books

Well, It's time for me to finish cleaning out all my old craft, sewing, and quilt magazines and books. I have been putting this off for quite sometime now because these books and magazines are like my little children, my muses. I go to them for inspiration and creativity. But, after awhile unless one has unlimited space to store these items or a room designated to be a library one can be overcome with just to much stuff. I am slowly trying to stop collecting so much stuff and in doing so give to those whose can use it.


"What is she going to do with all those books and magazines" you say? No, they aren't going to the dumpster or trash. I am separating them into what I want to keep and the others are going to my daughter-in-law and niece who are learning how to sew, quilt and crochet. 


I had gotten some old patterns and vintage fabric from a neighbor who's mother passed away and she was cleaning out her mother's house. She knew I sewed. So, I received quite a bit of retro items.  A couple of months back  I met a young lady where I worked who liked the retro clothing and was learning to sew. I gave her some of the patterns and fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment