Thursday, June 16, 2011

Broken Machines

I guess everyone knows if you don't wash the fabric for a quilt before sewing together, that after washing it will shrink the fabric and make it kind of poufy. My daughter didnt want that look for her quilt. Sooooo, two days ago I decided I would go ahead and wash it.  I emptied the washer of it's contents into the dryer and started. Then proceeded to fill the washer and add the fabrics for the quilt. Next I heard a "Bang!" and you guessed it the  belt on the danged dryer broke. It will be a few days before Steve ( my husband ) can get to it.

In the park that we live in we can not have outside clothesline. Who wants to go golfing on the golf course and see someone's holey underwear wear or gigantic bra hanging on the line.  Fortunately the people who owned our house were smart enough to hang lines in the storage room. In the six years we have lived here this is the first time I have ever used it. When the washer quilt I hung the quilt fabrics on the line. Here in FL it took no time and they were dry.

Now it's time for me to start cutting the fabric. BUT First, I have to finish cleaning up the gigantic mess I have made in my sewing/craft/bedroom. It's a total disaster. Until next time this is the Sew Rip signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment