Friday, November 9, 2012

Tylers Quilt


It's finished! I was beginning to think I wasn't going to have it done in time for Christmas. I have worked really hard on this. I should have taken a better picture of the border and binding. I added my own special touch to the binding. Originally when the binding was cut it was also cut from the same fabric as the border and therefore wouldn't would show up very well. I just happen to have some extra fabric leftover from the backing so I cut it up and used it kind of like putting piping on but without the cording. I hand stitched the binding.



I had quite a bit of extra fabric and squares leftover that I decided to make two pillow case covers to match the quilt.


If I have to say so myself, I do believe I did a pretty good job for my first big quilt.

I have other projects in the works. Time to get them finished in time to send out for Christmas. I also got a new toy that I will blog about next time.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job Deborah, my first big quilt still needs backing and quilting, i got sick of the sight of it and packed it away! I have completed other smaller quilts since then though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am back to working on my first quilt that I made for my daughter. I am slowly putting it back together. I hope to have it ready to quilt by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete